cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome 15 - Fuzzy Fonts?

CX
Grafter

Chrome 15 - Fuzzy Fonts?

Yesterday afternoon Chrome auto-updated to v15.xxx on my home PC (Windows 7 x64, Quadro FX580 graphics) and now appears to suffer from the DirectWrite font rendering issues that affected Firefox 4 to Firefox 6 (fixed in FF7). Gmail in particular is noticeably fuzzy, both for the folder and email text. Today my work PC (Windows7 x86, GeForce 8400GS graphics) updated and it too has fuzzy fonts. All Windows Updates are installed.
Has anybody else experienced this? Unfortunately I no longer have any AMD graphics cards to test with. I don't want to turn off GPU accelerated rendering since it makes such a big difference with screen tearing etc. I was forcing GPU acceleration in Chrome 14 from the about:flags page and all was working well (presumably with GDI rendered fonts). Now that it's officially enabled it's all gone wrong!
Update: It appears that all is well now that I've disabled the GPU overrides that were necessary in Chrome 14. GPU acceleration is working 'out of the box' (for the FishIE Tank demo) and fonts are also fine.