cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from 14:9 ratio monitor to 16:9 ratio monitor

bob27
Dabbler

Changing from 14:9 ratio monitor to 16:9 ratio monitor

I changed my old (Failed) 14:9 ratio moniteor for a 16:9 ratio monitor about a year ago.
I use Coreldraw9 and when I changed the monitor Coreldraw continued to display exactly as before.
I have since suffered a computer crash and It has been reloaded OK. As a result I had to re-install Coreldraw9. Now, however, Coreldraw9 displays an A4 sheet as a square and furthermore when I scan an A4 sheet it displays also as a square. Consequently my scanned item is distorted which makes it  difficult particularly when trying to position labels etc.. I assume that this is due to Coreldraw9 being now loaded against a wide screen monitor as opposed to previously when it was loaded against a standard (14:9) screen monitor. Maybe it is because I have some adjustment to make which is not within my current expertise. Can anyone tell me how to correct this.
Bob27
Sorry folks, I have solved this problem myself by experimenting with the display settings. The computer had been reformatted (see above) but the 'shop' had set the screen resolution at 1024x768 pixels instead of the 1360x768 required by the wide screen monitor. Obviously I am gradually becoming a 'geek' myself. (I wish)
Hope this helps someone else having similar problems
Bob27
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): all-CAPS paragraph rectified; CAPS are hard to read and considered as shouting so should be avoided.]