cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Password

gspeak

Changing Password

I have just changed my login password. Do I have to change it on the router as well? I can't remember setting it up on there yet I was warned when I changed my password that I needed to go and change it there also.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Changing Password

Hi gspeak,
You can follow the below instructions:
1. Connect an Ethernet Cable to the router and plug the other end into the computer/laptop.
2. Open up your Web Browser (Such as Internet Explorer).
3. In the address bar at the top of the page (where it says http) you will need to delete whatever is in there, and replace this with: 192.168.1.254
4. You will be prompted for a username and password. (These should have been supplied when you received the router)
5. You should now be logged into the Technicolor Gateway. Click where it says 'Technicolor Gateway' (Just once).
6. In the middle of your screen you should see where it says 'Pick a Task', directly underneath that, you should see 'Set up my Technicolor Gateway', please click this.
7. Click, 'Next' >> Make sure Plusnet is highlighted and click 'Next' again.
8. Type in your account username followed by @plusdsl.net and also fill in your account password in the password field.
9. Click 'Next' and then click where it says 'Start'.
10. You should see a screen saying 'Configuring your Technicolor Gateway'. After a few minutes this should complete and you then need to click 'Finish'.
gspeak

Thanks for the info ... Do I have to do this just because I have changed my user login password on Plusnet?
Added
Note - I just followed your instructions and it seemed to work .... what will happen if I haven't set it up correctly?
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes you do to enable your router to log in to your internet account - if you dont you wont get your access to the net.
You also need the new password to log into your email if you use the Plusnet for it
gspeak

Thanks ... I just realised that !
I've updated my password on my router and then I switched the router off and back on to make sure I can still connect and it all worked so I must have done it right  Smiley
Thanks