Did you mean: 

Change of networking icons.

FIXED
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Change of networking icons.

Hi all

Normally my wireless internet icon near the clock is a little monitor. The same for my ethernet.

If I disconnect either, I get a little yellow exclamation mark there over the monitor.

Today my wireless icon has changed to a set of bars - like on a mobile phone and my ethernet remains the same.. but it has gained a little red cross... even though it's connected:

screenshot_499

I have automatic updates turned off.

Any ideas?

7up.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Change of networking icons.

Fix

I wonder if for some reason Windows has decided to create a new network? It's worth checking the network and sharing centre (in control panel) and seeing whether there is more than one network showing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Ahhhhhh

Chris, legend.

I had setup the windows vpn server on my computer the same day as posting that... never thought that would change the icons! Just deleted that from the network and sharing and the icons are normal again.

Thanks Wink

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Same kind of thing happened to me previously, so it rang a bell when you posted! Glad that it was as easy at that to sound.

Don't forget to mark it as a fix Wink

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.