Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP address?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Change IP address?

Is it possible to change my Public I.P address from Plusnet to BT (british telecom) I am wishing to do this so I can get access to a BT broadband forum for only BT customers who take their BB. Also to say that i'm with BT on my speedtest. Any way of doing this even by hacking?Huh
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Change IP address?

you'd need to find someone on a BT connection with a proxy they'd be willing to let you use.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

And how do you do that?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
dvorak

if you know someone on BT ask them.
Customer / Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could get a second phone line installed (with the master socket fitted in your bedroom  ::)), then get BT broadband on that new line.
Get a dual WAN load balancing router, and have the benefit of two internet connections.
This would be a simple solution to all your somewhat unusual questions.  Crazy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Yeah Very funny!!! Like you can easily pay an extra 30 quid for a new contract and BB deal!! Go and help somewhere else rather than posting sarcastic comments!!
dick:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you hadn't noticed already, you are unlikely to get much more help around here as you are clearly choosing to ignore the previously sensible replies from the experienced members who were trying to help you, either in this or your other thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112439.0.html
I will shut up now and as you say "Go and help somewhere else"  Roll_eyes
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I doubt he's read the most recent advice, I'll go help somewhere else now  Lips_are_sealed
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just an after thought, as you can read those BT forums with a Plusnet IP address and I dare say any other, what is he on about  Roll_eyes
dvorak

maybe it's a super secret one for experienced installers only, mere IT professionals need not apply..
Customer / Moderator