cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant instal my Quicken on Vista

juliasdream
Grafter

Cant instal my Quicken on Vista

I just bought a new computer that has Vista Home Premium.
For years I have been using Quicken for my accounts and I want to go on using the old version that I have as it has a valid license key.
However
When I try to install it I get the following error message
"You must have NT SUR 4.0 Gold (version 1381) to install.
Please click OK to cancel installation"
I have searched on Google for reference to it but only get reference to Encarta or Internet Explorer and so far have only found a microsoft fix for IE5 which is obviously not what I want.
Can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: Cant instal my Quicken on Vista

all the quickbooks account pro versions ive installed ive had to pretty much run everything as admintrator.
i even had trouble with geting a multiuser key to work
in the end i had to hunt down the update file or somthing and even give that admin rights
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Have a look here https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4370
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jayengee
Hooked

I've just installed Windows 7 RC on both my computers and the only software that wouldn't run is Quicken 2004. I installed the following files:
C:\ProgramFiles\Quicken needed qwapp.dll and qwinver.dll
Windows\System32 needed msvcp70.dll mfc70.dll msvcr70.dll mfc70u.dll msvcp50.dll msvcp71.dll and msvcp80.dll.
To be honest possibly not all of those files are needed, but Quicken kept asking for more so I copied similar named files and it worked.

Quicken is now only sold in Canada & the US and they won't allow a UK download. Once I had copied all these files over it worked properly and my sanity was restored.
samuria
Grafter

Keep the files safe as you will need them next time as you are running a RC. You will have to upgrade or go back to vista so you will have to do it all again. MS ares topping Money as well which I have used for years
jayengee
Hooked

Don't worry - they're safe. Saved both in My Documents/Quicken and on a memory stick and back up disk!