Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon i905 Printer

colintivy
Rising Star

Canon i905 Printer

Hi folks!
I have been using the printer for ages with a very good service both in colour and black. All of a sudden it has stopped actually printing at all. Tried head cleaning etc., no joy. Googled avidly but no clear advice. Replacement head costs more than a new printer, special cleaner cartridges are available but only three of the 6 ( no advice about why). There was a suggestion (now removed) that taking the head out might allow cleaning in warm water or perhaps ISO-alcohol and also cleaning the parking station pad.
Has anyone any experience of this problem?
  Huh
4 REPLIES 4
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Canon i905 Printer

No personal info... however, I have found this site to be quite full of knowledge, and it may have something for you;;;;
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/
Wink
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Some (Epson) cleaners stop when they sense the parking station pad is full of ink so that may well be worth looking at.
colintivy
Rising Star

Thanks for those. It is strange that there is no mention of cleaning cartridges in the printer's handbooks or Canon website. The parking station is a promising venue but it seems that there ought to be an error message on the display telling me that is the problem. HP printers always remind me when the parking station is bunged up (not frequently) and of course their cartridges have their own print-heads incorporated in them. It is not clear to me why the Canon ones are limited to Black, Magenta and Cyan, I would have thought that as there is only one head and any slot would do to squirt cleaning fluid into the right places.
Research continues.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

For occasional use, it would be cheaper to pay someone to print a few PDF's for you.
You could buy an extra-cheap monochrome laser for most tasks - and get better, cheaper, faster print quality.  Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."