Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up Wi-Fi connection with new printer

hamilton36
Grafter

Cannot set up Wi-Fi connection with new printer

Hi, Guys,
My old printer died over the holidays, so I bought Epson Stylus Office BX530WD, which has Wi-Fi connection.  I could not establsh the connection, because the system (I assume that is you) kept rejecting my password.  I tried the password with with I log on here; the password for Thompson gateway and the Wireless Key that I was given for the Router.  They were all rejected, so please tell me what password should I have used.
In the end I connected with Ethernet cable, which surprizingly was "automatic" and required no password.
May I also ask another question?  I am not sure how this Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection works. As the printer is connected to the Router, does that mean that everything I print commes off my monthly allowance?
All the best on 2012.
Alex
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cannot set up Wi-Fi connection with new printer

Last question - no it doesn't
First question - is the model number correct as I can't find it
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Last question - no it doesn't
First question - is the model number correct as I can't find it

My apology Oldjim, the model is Epson Stylus Office BX535WD.
Thanks again,
Alex
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume that you followed these instructions http://support.epson-europe.com/onlineguides/en/bx535sx535_nwg/p_body/panel/wizard/manual_01.htm
The SSID is your router identification and the Password can be found by looking in your router web interface (wireless settings) http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson_wireless.shtml
hamilton36
Grafter

Oldjim,
That is the most comprehensive set of instructions that I have ever seen.  Thank you very much.
Alex