Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Adobe FlashPlayer

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Cannot install Adobe FlashPlayer

Having been kindly advisedby the Forum as to how to overcome the Windows XP Repair fake av trojan, I am now having great difficulty installing Adobe FlashPlayer.  I was advised to ensure that I had the latest updater which I did not.  I tried to update through the Control Panel but it would just hang.  Task Manager would not release the installer and then Task Manager kept hanging.  After getting this far and re-booting five times, I then decided to unistall the existing version of FlashPlayer and Acrobat Reader and start again.
But I have encountered exactly the same problem.  FlashPlayer goes through the expected routine of asking whetehr to download the ActiveX and then asking me whether  I wish to install, but when I cloick Install, nothing happens.  It just sits there.  I tried turning off the Anti Virus temporarily and also the Firewall.  I have done everythingt hat I can think of but no joy still.  Task Manager then will not stop the process, and then Task Manager itself hangs and cannot be closed.  I have tried a further five times, again always with the same results, ending with Task manager hanging and having to re-boot.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Cannot install Adobe FlashPlayer

What browser are you using to download It with? If you can... Try downloading flash player with Firefox but rather than open It choose to save the download somewhere, Once you have downloaded flash player then go to the file and right click It and Install like that, See what happens.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it but it did not work either.  However, i think that I solved it.  I do not know the reason, but I needed to install Adobe Reader again, so I tried that and it downloaded forst the Adobe Download Manager and then installed the Reader without problem.  So from the same site, I then tried the FlashPlayer, and success this time !   Don't ask me why !
The only other thing that I did was to run my three Registry Cleaners which I had aready done just prior to uninstalling Adobe.  I did it again and they did found some more errors.  That may have had something to do with it.
Anyway, back up and running now.
Thanks.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I wont ask you why Grin Things are strange half the time and have a mind of their own I'm sure, Glad you got It sorted now, Was It worth It though? That's the question? Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.