cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to internet = Help please..!!!

chris301up
Dabbler

Re: Cannot connect to internet = Help please..!!!

Sorry but I really don't understand?
I will have Hub One downstairs by TV as usual then Thompson router at telephone socket at top of stairs? Then how do I connect Laptop/PC in bedroom to that?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

No, the Thompson router is next to the hub one, connected with just an Ethernet cable. You connect wirelesslyto the Thompson just like you used. To.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chris301up
Dabbler

Right I think I understand and configure/connect as follows:
Disable DHCP on it then change it's IP address to 192.168.1.252. Connect one of it's LAN ports using the Ethernet cable to a LAN port on the Hub One. I can then just turn it on when I need it and turn it off without disconnecting anything when I don't.
Sounds complicated but I'll give it a go tomorrow perhaps
Thanks
chris301up
Dabbler

You need to Disable DHCP on it , change it's IP address to 192.168.1.252 and then connect one of it's LAN ports, using an ethernet cable, to a LAN port on the Hub One. You can then just turn it on when you need it and turn it off without diconnecting anything when you don't.

Does anyone know how to do this Huh
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

This thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102919.0.html should help

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.