cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Webmail using IE9

fish2011

Cannot access Webmail using IE9

I have just acquired a laptop with windows7 and IE 9.I cannot access my webmail when using IE9.  I am repeatedly told that I have entered a wrong username or password.
I can access webmail from my old pc running on windows XP, and bizarrely, I have now installed Mozilla Firefox on my laptop and was instantly able to access my webmail.
Has anyone any clues why?  Plusnet say as it is a software problem they cannot help (didn't even say - "wehave/have not heard of that one" .
Is it a setting?  If so where?  I have set plusnet as an allowed website, including https:// .
Any  help appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Cannot access Webmail using IE9

No problem for me using Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 64-bit version and IE9.  IE9 threw up a prompt to remember my password at the bottom of the Window - I said no. 
I don't have Plusnet set as an allowed web site (and if that ever works it's only by masking some other problem). 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If there was a general problem accessing webmail using Win 7 and IE9 we'd have seen many, many postings about it before now. It's 99.9% certain that it is something at your end.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I'm not sure that many people use the Plusnet webmail interface, which seems to me to be stuck somewhere in the mid 1990s.  But I agree it has to be something specific to fish2011's computer.  Could you have made a typo then asked IE9 to remember the wrong password?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Are you able to view/delete the remember entry for user/password in IE's list?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

You can just overtype the automatically inserted 'blobs' to update a remembered password, it then asks if you want to replace the previously remembered one (I think).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.