cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get on to Vodafone.co.uk or .com

paulh
Rising Star

Can't get on to Vodafone.co.uk or .com

Can someone else test access to vodafone.co.uk or .com or .net ?
nslookup sees them, but I can't ping them or open the websites.
thanks
paul
7 REPLIES 7
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Can't get on to Vodafone.co.uk or .com

Looks like a Vodafone issue (Surprise Surprise.)
[tt]Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\chilly>tracert www.vodafone.co.uk
Tracing route to www.vodafone.co.uk [195.232.193.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router [172.17.16.101]
  2    29 ms    32 ms    29 ms  lo0.plusnet.thn-ag1.plus.net [195.166.128.101]
  3    28 ms    29 ms    29 ms  vl703.thn-gw1.plus.net [84.92.4.241]
  4    28 ms    28 ms    26 ms  vl22.pte-gw1.plus.net [212.159.4.11]
  5    29 ms    29 ms    28 ms  te2-4.pte-gw2.plus.net [212.159.1.102]
  6    35 ms    27 ms    26 ms  195.66.225.62
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  [/tt]
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Vodafone have the worst website and information service that I have ever come across.  I am amazed that a communication company has a website that is so poor it could be used as an example how not to set up a website.
I had problems with a Vodafone 3G USB modem and had to telephone helpline to get some advise (lets not waste time going into these details suffice it to say this took a long time and involved talking to 4 different people).
During this call Saturday I asked about their website mentioning that I couldn't access it.  (I could access Vodafone ES, Spain - I have a Vodafone Spain account as well as UK). The help desk said there were no problems with their website and he could access it OK.
This morning I still could not get Vodafone.co.uk.  Unbelievably on Vodafone's own website, buried deep in their eForum (never heard of this before) the explananation...
Vodafone have changed the IP address of some of their servers and for some reason this may not be cascaded to DNS servers for up to 48 hours. So should be all OK, back to the usual poor standard by Monday.

paulh
Rising Star

Yep thanks chaps
They are without doubt the company from whom I have had the worst customer service ever.
The irony of the website problem (and it's not the first time) is that they send me an email telling me my bill is available online with a a link that doesn't work. This happens about every other month. The fact that it hasn't resolved this time after about three days now is what made me post (it usually takes only two ... )
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Can anyone reach Vodafone web site today

Hi Guys,
I've been trying to get on the Vodafone website for a few hours, can't seem to get through to it. I just put in a ticket because I can reach the site if I go via a proxy server - the trouble is, I can't access my account details on the web site using the proxy server.
Can anyone else replicate this problem?
cp:blue Merged into today other topic about Vodafone web site not being available today. mod:end
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Thanks for moving this Chilly - Just one question though - if it really is Vodafone that is at fault, how come I can access the site via Mega proxy?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I can't get it through PlusNet or my works internet access, the proxy could have cached the pages perhaps?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Nick_Russell
Grafter

The hopeless vodafone.co.uk website back now. I wasn't first thing this morning but seems OK now.