Did you mean: 

Can't find RPi on network - help!!

FIXED
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Can't find RPi on network - help!!

Hi guys..

I have an old RPI Model B - one of the original ones. Don't laugh, yes it's old but functional - or was..

Last time i tinkered with it, the memory card was dead so i bought a new one and popped that in. Set up everything, got it working again.. then it landed in a box of other bits n bobs and got forgotten about for a couple of years.

Well now thanks to the leccy bill, i need to use it again - just as a WiFi client so that i can still access the IP Camera in the car park with the main PC turned off.

So i've got it out, fired it up... can't find it on the network. Scanned all IPs in 192.168.1.x, no ping replies. Scanned network with Net Analyzer on my phone, again nothing.

So then i changed over to 192.168.0.x... tried again, nothing.

Unplugged network cable, plugged into netbook, tried again, nothing there on 192.168.1 or .0.

It's alive, i can see the LEDs flickering but i just can't find it so that i can SSH into it. Help!!!

Obviously i don't want to pull the power on it..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
1 REPLY 1
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Can't find RPi on network - help!!

Fix

No worries, i ended up disconnecting the power and risking the sd card...

Connected to the telly via hdmi and using the desktop PCs usb dongle i've setup the pi that way so it now works via static ip on the dongle.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!