cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even connect to my VPN server or my ftp site

aldabbagh
Grafter

Can't even connect to my VPN server or my ftp site

I'm really angry at the moment! I can't seem to connect to my vpn server which is at home. I need this because when I'm out of the house I sometimes need to connect to my Home Network and sort something out if I need to. Also my dad needs to connect home when he needs to get something from the file server.
Nothing seems to work! I've made a thread about my teamspeak server not working. Now my VPN server is not working.
ALL THE PORTS ARE SET CORRECTLY. EVERYTHING IS DONE CORRECTLY
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Can't even connect to my VPN server or my ftp site

Did this used to work and has recently stopped or has it never worked?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How about some concrete info rather than a rant?  Wink  Clearly everything isn't set correctly as otherwise it would work...  One of the reasons your Teamspeak server isn't working is that you haven't configured an external DNS correctly for instance.
What error messages do you get?  Are you connecting by name or IP address?  What ports are open and how have they been forwarded?  What sort of VPN are you using?
aldabbagh
Grafter

All the ports are open, I used the online port checker. All the ports are ALL open, I don't seem to know why it's not working.
@Chris, yes it was working fine on money. And for Teamspeak I had enough trouble with it decided to stop using it.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

OK, I asked four questions and you've answered none of them  Sad
Some more...
Which router are you using?  If you're using the Technicolor router that PN supply, are your aware that port forwarding only works to LAN IP addresses that the router has allocated by DHCP? 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's unlikely to work at the moment as you've reached the usage allowance on your account so your speeds will be heavily restricted until you add more usage or reach your billing date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aldabbagh
Grafter

Okay. Thanks