cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't down load Plusnet Protect.

Lindsay

Can't down load Plusnet Protect.

Hi guys,
I've only recently switched(2weeks) to Plusnet broadband. I also have a new computer which has McAfee Anti virus which came already installed on the computer. McAfee Anti virus is only temporary.(runs out on 29 April)
When trying to down load Plusnet Protect. I cant get passed the down load page. ie the page after the long security number.
I spoke to plusnet help centre they couldn't help. I temporarily disconnected McAfee but still couldn't get past the down load page.
I'm running Windows 8
please any help would be appreciated. I'm not computer expert!!
Thx Lindsay
6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Can't down load Plusnet Protect.

Quote from: Lindsay
I'm running Windows 8

Which has perfectly good protection already built in from Microsoft.  Wink
kmilburn
Grafter

Isn't that an oxymoron,  along the lines of military intelligence?
petejackson
Grafter

Hi Lindsay.  What's happening when you press the 'download' button above the Serial Number?  Does it just not do anything? If so it may possibly be some sort of javascript issue with your browser.  Have you tried using a different browser?  Might be worth a shot. It's unlikely to be the fact you've got McAfee already installed although if you continue to have problems and your trial period is up, I'd be tempted to uninstall it first and then install Plusnet Protect. Before you do that though let's make sure you can get that download button to work.
Lindsay

Thanks Peter J,
When I press the download button above the long security number nothing happens. I will try using another browser. I will let you know how I get on.
regards Lindsay
Lindsay

Hi PeterJ
Thx for the help, that worked Cheesy
Best regards
Lindsay
reece251
Grafter

glad its fixed i just used internet explorer and it downloaded but wouldent download on chrome for me