cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Use Plusnet Assist

flame

Can't Use Plusnet Assist

I'm a Newby with Plusnet.
For some reason the links on Plusnet Assist don't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstall. The technician I rang also found it odd and by remote control uninstalled IE10 and reinstalled IE9 because he said that Plusnet Assist was not compatible with IE10. A few links now work but not any of the configure i.e. Wireless, phone bill etc.
Anybody else had this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can't Use Plusnet Assist

which operating system are you using
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's a few of us whose opinion of Plusnet Assist is such that we think you are lucky it won't work!
There is absolutely nothing that Plusnet Assist does that cannot be done by other means. I suggest you forget Plusnet Assist, go back to IE10 and post to say what issue you were trying to solve and we'll tell you how to do it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
flame

Thanks Jelv and Old Jim, I am using Windows 7 Professional, and I did realise I could probably get by without using Plusnet Assist,but thought it would be handy if all the links were in one place. However, I think I will take your tip and forget it. I was originally trying to turn off my wireless signal as I prefer to be hardwired, but I've solved that now.
Thanks for your prompt replies.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I often thought that little program was a waste of time too, not knocking plusnet but honestly its not really that much of an assit 😛
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

The problem with Plusnet Assist is that it occupies your computer's time all the time, whether or not you need it.  So it can slow down your computer, although one running Windows 7 Professional is likely to be powerful enough that you would not notice this much.