cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an expert reword this so I can understand it.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can an expert reword this so I can understand it.

"We've been triaging the bugs and so far have ten bugs that look of the highest priority," writes Mike Schroepfer, Mozilla's vice president of engineering, in a thread on Mozilla's developer forum. "We are going to approve these to land on trunk so we can get regression and nightly testing on them. If we need to do an RC2 they'll be ready to go - if we ship RC1 we can get them in the 3.0.1."
Taken from http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/27/firefox3_testing/
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Can an expert reword this so I can understand it.

is this OK for Starters?, normally found at the Entrance to Medical Emergency Departments
triage  in senses A.2 & B.
A n. 1 The action of sorting samples of a commodity according to quality. E18.
2 Med. The assignment of degrees of urgency of need in order to decide the order of treatment of a large number of injured or ill patients. M20.
b gen. Prioritization. L20.
B v.t. & i. Assign a degree of urgency of need to (a casualty); separate out by triage. L20.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hi Jim,
I`m no expert, as you know !..... but here`s my interpretation of it
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
“We`ve made a right co**-up of this so far, and there are more than enough bugs in the system. However, ten of these bugs, really are bu***rs to fix, so we are going to get the team working 24/7” writes Mike schroepfer, Mozilla`s vice president of engineering, in a thread on Mozilla`s developer forum.
“We don`t know yet how the bugs will affect it, so we are going to leave them in, to see what happens, and test every night to see how best to deal with them.  If we need to ReCalibrate a second time, then they`ll be ready to go – if we ship with ReCommended version 1, we can get them to be reported by the mugs public in version 3.0.1”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
hope that helps !  Cheesy Cheesy Roll_eyes
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

We've been triaging the bugs checking/investigating problems reported and so far have ten bugs that look of the highest priority appear to be critical in nature," writes Mike Schroepfer, Mozilla's vice president of engineering, in a thread on Mozilla's developer forum. "We are going to approve these to land on trunk to be worked on and included in the latest Beta version build if possible so we can get regression and nightly testing on them. If we need to do an RC2 they'll be ready to go - if we ship RC1 we can get them in the 3.0.1. If we fix them quickly and they are tested ok before the planned release of Mozilla V3 and we need to issue a Release Candidate 2, they will be included. If they are not fixed/tested before the planned release date of V3 or we don't plan to issue a RC2 version, they will go into V3.0.1.
shutter
Community Veteran

Well, I wasn`t far out then !  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Thank you Peter - please accept a plain English award
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Triage:-
Isn't this what you do in times of war/disaster - split your casualties into three groups:
1. Those who will probably die, no matter what you do - give them painkillers and forget about them.
2. Those who can be helped to regain full function - you send them to the operating table etc
3. Those who will probably recover, regardless of what you do - treat as case (1).
This makes optimal use of medical resources.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Yes I think thats what the Dictionary said in my No 1 post
Rich
Grafter

I think I'll wait for 3.0.1 then...
fakesnake
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Well, I wasn`t far out then !  Smiley

liked you explanation better tho. Smiley
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks ! Wink Grin