cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still 'receive' Plusnet emails if I leave Plusnet

rena
Grafter

Can I still 'receive' Plusnet emails if I leave Plusnet

Does anyone know if I can still receive my emails (that have a Plusnet address) if I were to change suppliers? I know I wont be able to send, but how about receiving? When I left BT I was able to receive email for about 3 months. I believe Plusnet no longer offer the email only account.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can I still 'receive' Plusnet emails if I leave Plusnet

They do but it is £20 per year if requested when you leave
rena
Grafter

No, they no longer offer it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You asked the question and I answered it and then you contradicted me
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
General Policies Clause 6
It is possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some member centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.
rena
Grafter

No!!. I actually phoned them and spoke to an adviser (before I wrote my question) and they say they no longer offer it! I forgot to ask them at the time if I could access the received emails for a short time after leaving and that's why I asked the question. Obvious to me now that I should have just phoned them back again and waited in the long queue again and got the answer from the horses mouth!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Let me do some digging and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It *is* still available. The paid for version allows you to both receive and send via our mail servers.
If you'd like to move to this, just let me know in here and we'll arrange that for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dogbert

Sorry to hijack this thread but I share the original posters confusion !
I learnt that force9/plusnet were discontinuing dialup accounts which is understandable,and that a yearly fee of £20 would enable those users to receive/send emails along with keeping any websites on those accounts.
This fee would also allow ftp access for maintenace of those sites.
I have been advised of several different costs/  that the above is possible/NOT possible / suggested that I should set up direct debit on these accounts in order to facilitate the payments for the service which does?does NOT exist and to transfer everything out to another provider !
Supposedly dialup account holders were to be notified in advance of this happening but I have only received notification for one of several accounts in this state.
Just what exactly is going on and what options are REALLY available ?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi dogbert,
Quote from: dogbert
I learnt that force9/plusnet were discontinuing dialup accounts which is understandable,and that a yearly fee of £20 would enable those users to receive/send emails along with keeping any websites on those accounts.

This is the correct information. I will report that there is a bit of confusion into our retention teams, sorry for the contradicting info.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet