cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Use Remastersys On Isadora 32 Bit?( SOLVED )

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Can I Use Remastersys On Isadora 32 Bit?( SOLVED )

As the title says folks can I use this prog for my mint 9? And if so could someone kindly tell me where I can get it? I've searched and downloaded one but it was for Ubuntu karmic koala and it was a deb package and it wanted me to remove my Grub which I have not done Of Course.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
7 REPLIES 7
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Can I Use Remastersys On Isadora 32 Bit?

Did you read this <a href="http://linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Remastersys">Mint guide</a> ?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

No but I have now and it doesn't help much ,See my screenshot I've added code to my repos but I get that error?
HairyMcbiker
All Star

If you go to the web site they are upgrading the forums, that maybe why you are getting the error.
Also you should be using lucid not karmic as the release, as Mint 9 is based on lucid not karmic.
There is a section on the Mint forums for the remastersys, but it links to their forum which as I say is down at the mo.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I think I've saw that on the mint forums but was proving rather difficult, Thats probably why I'm running into a brick wall with what I've tried at the moment, Thanks for your help.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

Site is backup now <a href="http://geekconnection.org/remastersys/ubuntu.html">here</a>
Just out of interest what do you want to add/remove?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Superb thanks HB i found in the ubuntu forums the guy that makes this and he was saying there was dispute with him having a forum or something to that effect and thats why the site was up then down and up again.
I just want to create a full back up like windows system restore does and remastersys does this very very good, Also want to create a live cd with all the frills already set up for my girlfriend.
Edit ... I believe im doing the right thing when using the karmic for the repos etc.. See screenshot..
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ok I've got Remastersys Finally and the latest version which can be found here for anyone else wanting a complete system backup....http://sourceforge.net/projects/remastersys/files/