cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls fail as unreconised number since bt phone went digital

tonywag

Calls fail as unreconised number since bt phone went digital

My relation was recently moved to a digital service by BT. Since then I always get number not recognised when I try to call them from my Plusnet home phone or my O2 mobile. Their phone has been checked by BT as being fully functional. They can make calls and receive some calls. I have raised a fault with BT, but 5 days later it has not been resolved. Can you influence BT to sort this out.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Calls fail as unreconised number since bt phone went digital

@tonywag 

I suggest that you join the BT Community and ask there. You don’t have to be a BT customer to join.  https://community.bt.com/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tony,

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues ringing your relative. 

As your calls are failing from your Plusnet landline and O2 mobile, I agree with @Baldrick1 in that it's worth reaching out to BT to investigate further, because it doesn't seem like an issue which we're as a different provider are able to raise to them. 

But let me know how it goes as I'd be interested in how you get on with this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tonywag

Thank for your help. I have looked at the BT community and I see several other people have the same problem. I can only see 1 of these fixed and this was solved by giving the user a new digital number. This is not suitable for my relative as having had their old number for 30 years they do not want a new number. I know what the problem is, but convincing BT is impossible. The problem stems from when they were forced to go digital. 2 days before getting their new phone their old line was disconnected and I believe deleted from the network. When they got their new phones they discovered they had s new number, so they requested BT to give their old number back. BT have done this but have failed to restore their old number to the wider network. I have raised a fault with BT and they said it would be fixed in 5 days and let me know. Guess what 8 days later it still hasn't been fixed and I haven't had any contact from them.. Hence why I wondered if Plusnet could put some pressure on BT or openreach to solve this issue.