CPUID Monitor

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Re: CPUID Monitor

Actually am coverting a DVD in the background forgot that was running
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Actually just realised i have two numbers going up and down is that for both cores they are hovering between 54 and 58 actaully going down a bit now
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is the spec for your processor http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=548&f1=AMD+Athlon%E2%84%A2+X2&f2=6000%2b&f3=&... and the maximum temperature should be 70 deg C so it looks like it is overheating under load and this may be part of the problem
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

So what is likely to cause the core to overheat do i need a new cpu or fan or what is likely to happen if i  ignore it i suppose the crashes will become more frequent..?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I don't know your degree of technical expertise but these are the steps I would go through
1. Clean all the dust and fluff from the CPU cooler and the intake filter for the case
2. Check that the case fans are working properly and in the correct direction
3 . Check the temperatures under load
If the temperatures are still too high then
Here is where you need to know what you are doing
4. Remove the CPU cooler and clean the CPU and cooler mating faces with a proper cleaning solution so that you have two absolutely clean surfaces
5  Reseat the heat sink using Arctic Silver 5  in accordance with the instructions
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I did give it a clean as there was a lot of dust but i will do as you say i am not so sure about the last bit so i am hoping the first part works
Many thanks for your help
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In case you missed it
To change the forum display name Click on Profile then Account related settings and then change the display name