Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV card

warbleeder
Grafter

CCTV card

i got  this CCTV card
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330780743754&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123
no it was not 100 quid when i got it.... but when i use in windows 7 everything installs fine however when i go to use software to view my CCTV it only shows picture the first time i install (and it must be clean install of win) after i cloe and reopen software it gives me black screens on all cams...
installed windows XP and it works like a charm....
tryed everything in windows 7 tryed comparability as xp ect any ideas?
13 REPLIES 13
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: CCTV card

From the eBay page:
NOTE: Support up to Vista/Win 7 32bit only!
Vista/Win 7 64bit are not supported! Sorry.

So are using the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of Windows 7?
warbleeder
Grafter

tryed ultimate and pro 32....
like i said after re-install... first time i use program it works fine after that it gives me blank pictures... o i have xp its perfect... but i want to use win 7 over xp
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Not exactly a great solution but can you use it in the Win XP Virtual machine mode available inside Windows 7 (pro and ultimate versions)?
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2...
Or, have you tried 'compatibility' options?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
warbleeder
Grafter

ill give that a shot but from past experience virtual machines they dont connect directly to the hardware and mainly run on the CPU .... hence if this was the same it wouldn't detect the capture card
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I found there was no software for my USB scanner when I upgraded to Win 7 but was able to run it in the Win XP virtual machine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
warbleeder
Grafter

cheers jelv ill try that and let you know...
warbleeder
Grafter

as i thought virtual machine will not detect my card i get erro
althought i have a screen of the software in win 7 ....
confusing thing is.... the software detects the card.... just wont desplay anything... but if i take card out and drop in XP machine it works fine...
so chances are if i install xp on here it would... as it worked fine just after i reinstalled windows 7... but after first close it will not display a image if i try to re-open
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: warbleeder
... it worked fine just after i reinstalled windows 7... but after first close it will not display a image if i try to re-open

Does Windows (mis-)apply a software update for the card which kicks-in after the first re-start?
Have you tried 'run as administrator' instead of just running the control software?
CX
Grafter

Do you have anything else TV card-related, such as MediaPortal, installed on the Windows 7 PC?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Does Device Manager show the capture card 'working normally'?
Could you try something like http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html?gclid=CK3Y-M-p2rICFYqV3godyWEAFw to see if that can pick up images from the cameras?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
warbleeder
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Does Windows (mis-)apply a software update for the card which kicks-in after the first re-start?
Have you tried 'run as administrator' instead of just running the control software?

not sur about update one way im going to find out is reinstall win 7 later and stop updates
yep i ran as admin ...
Do you have anything else TV card-related, such as MediaPortal, installed on the Windows 7 PC? nope
Does Device Manager show the capture card 'working normally'? yes it working fine and shows mem ect as been used by the item
dick:green Quote fixed.
warbleeder
Grafter

i forgot to add ive also go through every EXE in the programe folder made it run win 98 ..xp/sp2....xp/s3... 200 and vista and run as admin changed all setting for every exe ad all users still no joys
warbleeder
Grafter

managed to get my old DDR/AVG system up and running dropped xp on it so now i have a system just for the cctv... not too bad just runs a little slow from time to time still going to give linux a blast tho