cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASH REWARD - CCTV - RTP/RTSP and other issues

BRABUS
Grafter

CASH REWARD - CCTV - RTP/RTSP and other issues

I am wondering if anyone on here can help me.
I currently have a Y-CAM bullet camera set up at home and can view it perfectly from anywhere, including work.  I have also recently got a Swann system and can view that from anywhere except work.
Now the thing I am struggling with is how to tie up the ports that I have on the Y-cam to those of the Swann.
Below are the 2 network setting pages from the Y-cam

These 2 links are larger versions of the 2 above.
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i365/SMARTCROSSBLADE/CCTV/Y-CAMUPNPSettings.jpg
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i365/SMARTCROSSBLADE/CCTV/Y-CAMTCPIPSettings.jpg

Now on the Swann system they use a media port and a web port.  The best I can show you is page 23 of the manual here.  They are set as Media = 9000 and Web = 3100
http://www.swann.com/webfiles/download/1540DVR4-1200_M41200H200111E_web.pdf

How do I get the equivalent Y-CAM ports into the Swann system so that i can use that instead.  All this RTP and RTSP ports on the Y-CAM has got me lost.

To access the cameras via my browser I type (where MYIP would really be my Plus Net static Ip address)
Y-CAM = http://MYIP:8150
SWANN = http://MYIP:3100

For the person who helps me solve this I am offering a cash reward - no seriously I am Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
Rich
Grafter

Re: CASH REWARD - CCTV - RTP/RTSP and other issues

Have you tried setting one to 8150 and the other to 8151 on the Swan?
Richard.
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Rich thanks for your reply.  So far I have taken the settings from the Y-cam and put them into the Swann so that the mdeia port = 8150 and the web port = 30000.  I then turned the Y-CAM off completely and went to work and it still said Logoin Failed on the Swann system.
I then tried swapping the web and media ports values around, I went to work the next day and still it tells me Failed Login.
Now the Swann has just Media port and Web port but the Y-CAM has
HTTP/RTSP port and a RTP port.
Then in the UPnP there is also
External HTTP/RTSP port  and External RTP port

I am sure that is probably very simple but it is now doing my head in Sad

My quote about a cash reward was a serious one so who ever solves it for me will get a PayPal or cash donation Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Have you got UPnP enabled on the Swann unit ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BRABUS
Grafter

I have indeed Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

From what I can see both DVR's are effectively very similar, they both have a port used to control the CAM ( Web or HTTP port ) and a port to transport the video ( RTP or Media port ).
The fact that the Y-CAM and Swann use different values shouldn't be a problem since both of them are using UPnP to get the router to forward the correct ports.
How do I get the equivalent Y-CAM ports into the Swann system so that i can use that instead.  All this RTP and RTSP ports on the Y-CAM has got me lost.
As far as I can see, if you set the Swann Web port to 8150 and the Media port to 30000 then its the same as the Y-CAM. I can't really see why its default ports don't work though, unless there is a clash with either the PlusNet firewall or some service on the router ( assume TG585 ? ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BRABUS
Grafter

Hello folks.   Thanks for your inpout so far, sorry I haven't responded but I have been off work quite poorly.
Anyway, I have a TGT585 modem and I have currently got the cameras set as follows
SystemWeb PortMedia PortExternal HTTP/RTSP port rangeExternal RTP port rangeResultsDate Tried
Y-CAM815130000Works OK7/3/2012
Swann808150Login fails7/3/2012

I figured that if I put it up as a table it will be easier to track what we have tried.

The offer of the reward still stands.................
godsell4
Rising Star

Is there a reason you can not assign the IP address of the camera to the DMZ mode on the router? Or i have missed something sorry. Sad
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
BRABUS
Grafter

I am not happy with the security of using the DMZ zone.  The Y-CAM and the swann system work from anywhere apart from my office.  From my office I can view the Y-CAM but not the Swann.

I want to be able to use the Swann system from work as it gives me more cameras to view.  So thats the basics Smiley
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

What exactly happens when you try to login to the Swann system? If port forwarding was the problem, I would expect connection timeout or connection refused error messages.
BRABUS
Grafter

I get the logon screen up no problem but when I enter the userid and password I get a Login Failed message, but only from the office.  From anywhere else it is fine.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Have you checked if the security settings in Internet Explorer are set according to page 53 in the Swann pdf manual? I'm not sure a login failed message is what you'd get if the ActiveX control is blocked, but it's worth a try.
BRABUS
Grafter

The active X settings are all correct.  I know this is the case as I can login using my work laptop from anywhere apart from when I go into the office.