Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a new monitor

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Buying a new monitor

Quote from: Oldjim
I bought a 22" widescreen and for normal word processing I find the big advantage is having two word  documents open side by side

Yeah but why fork out for one big lumpy widescreen when you could have a dual monitor setup (which is much better in my opinion).
I've been dualised for about 1 maybe 2 weeks and it's great!
Don't like widescreens. Square is better as mentioned above, vertical space is at a premium these days. I'd prefer to go tall screen than widescreen.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: okrzynska
Yeah but why fork out for one big lumpy wide screen when you could have a dual monitor setup (which is much better in my opinion).

I have to agree with this.  Wide screen monitors are not ideal for normal use.  I have 2 Dell 17" flat screen monitors (had one, bought an identical one second hand off eBay) - perfect solution.
You can show video on one screen and work on another, have two different documents open on each screen, and great for web work - have IE on one and web editor on another etc.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sanson said in his opening statement
but I notice that some web pages are taking on a widescreen shape and I wonder if I should go with the majority and change to a widescreen monitor.

if that is the only reason to go widescreen, then how is you browser page set up, is it portrait or landscape?,
I know that some people who use MS standard and not internet standard are not catered for.
Also, if you look at any recent video, whether internet or from a camera, it looks better on a widscreen without the thick black lines top and bottom