cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning an ISO

Not applicable

Burning an ISO

Downloaded Ubuntu and burnt it to disc - no problem.
This morning, in free time, did the same thing only with pclinuxos from the pclinux website.
It downloaded and up came Roxio to burn it but this time got the invalid file thingy.
Location: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\pclinuxos-2007.iso
Destination: E
Message: The image file you have selected is not a valid file.Please select another file.
Can anyone say what has gone wrong please?
7 REPLIES 7
paulh
Rising Star

Re: Burning an ISO

Perhaps you had a bad download and the iso is corrupt ...  you could get hold of a md5sum program for windows and make sure the checksum for your downloaded file is the same as the checksum for the original file (there should be a small text file with a .md5 extension or similar on the download server for you to do the compare) .
I heartily recommend BurnCDCC which is a single-purpose burner for isos by the way.
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I'm very inexperienced in this matter (only done it once, and that was with the example above).
It was absolutely no problem then - downloaded and opened immediately with Roxio.
I chose Ireland for the download (no comment!) so will try again from another location early tomorrow morning in free time.
BTW I'm a bit dim but where did the download go? Can't find it now.
artificer
Grafter

you need to make sure in roxio that you have chosen to burn an 'image', which is what an .iso is.  i've never used roxio, but maybe someone who has can guide you through the process.
Not applicable

Last time Roxio did it all for me - downloaded the file and up came Roxio with burn the ISO - click and that was it.
It tried to do the same thing today but couldn't complete.
artificer
Grafter

have you tried it in ubuntu?  i think it's grafburn, but there are others.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I use K3b - it's a graphical interface and runs in either the usual Gnome or KDE desktops.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Not applicable

All downloaded and burned correctly this morning (from Ireland).
Thank you all for advice.