Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullguard Internet Security

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Bullguard Internet Security

A few days ago Bullguard updated to a new version, and an icon for a new Bullguard Secure Browser appeared on my desktop.  It looks a bit basic, but if it's only for making secure payments etc. I suppose it's ok.

I know one or two other members of this forum use Bullguard, have you tried the browser, and any views on it?

Btw I logged into Bullguards official site from work just to make sure it was genuine and not malware making a blatant attempt at stealing banking details etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bullguard Internet Security

Hi Jonpe 

I had the same from Bullguard appear looks genuine to me as it shows in their information box

I also have received emails about Bullguards new VPN and that has also appeared on their information box next to Secure Brower box but mine is not ticked as you have to pay for it

I have also noticed how Bullguard has increased in price on Ebay but as I have five years left I will keep my eye on that

Brian A

Jonpe
Hero

They've been promoting their VPN for some time now.

This computer came with McAfee so I did live-chat with Bullguard (BG) about how best to get rid of McAfee, and what I needed to do about Windows Defender (WD).  They said BG worked in conjunction with WD so there would be no conflict.  This seemed to be true as the only time WD tried to update was when my BG subscription expired for a very short time.  However, in recent months (after a Windows 10 Feature Update I think) numerous failed attempts have been made at installing Security Intelligence Updates for WD.  Is the same happening to you, and are you doing anything about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I run WD along side Bullguard with no problems

WD does automatic scans I have just checked it did a quick scan at 10.33 today which lasted 5 mins 25 secs no problems found

What I do is type  "updates " in the bottom left hand corner search box  and the laptop checks if there are any Wndows 10 updates most days there is an update for " Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus " which takes very little time to download with no problems

Brian A

Jonpe
Hero

Since the Feature Update I did on 30/9 attempts are being made at downloading and installing updates for Windows Defender.  I know there is a place where I can choose to allow WD to do periodic scans, but since I didn't look there before I don't know whether that used to be ticked.  WD was listed as part of my security before, but now it only mentions BG.  Presumably allowing periodic WD scans won't be of any use if WD is unable to update itself.