cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a Community Web Site

beilby

Building a Community Web Site

I have been asked to design a community web site. What I want to do is to add a page (or perhaps more) to an existing web site where a user can log on and then add, edit and delete his/her pages at will. The user MUST not be able to access any pages that do not belong to him/her. or the "static" pages that are to remain totally under my control.
Does anyine know if there is some software that will enable me to get the desired results?
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Richard Beilby.
6 REPLIES 6
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Building a Community Web Site

Easiest might be to set up a wiki for the bits people can edit?
Try this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki
liam1412
Grafter

This is really easy to do and I think a wiki would be a little messy to do. See my free php thread in classifieds. Ill knock something together for you. PM me if your interested and I'll send you my MSN to chat. Will be after the weekend though as I am away till sunday evening
Word_Warrior
Grafter

If you have ccgi then Joomla is a good option go to www.joomla.org
beilby

Thanks to all for the replies. I have been away over half-term and this is the first chance I have had to reply.
I do not think the Wiki route will be acceptable to the community as some of the members are very picky. The problem with Joomla is that it requires mySQL and the server that hosts the web site does not support it.
Liam, thank you for your kind offer; I will PM you.
Regards,
Richard Beilby.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

there is another way in PowerBook by active scripts at http://www.active-scripts.net
Anthony at active scripts is very helpful too.
netreg
Grafter