cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsers

kitkat
Grafter

Browsers

IE 7 is driving me crazy. After a few minutes it keeps comeing up "web page expired" I have tried to download IE 9 and downloaded the window updates( that took hours) that aresupposed to support it but it still will not work. I noticed on this sight that  IE is not  that good anyway.  Could some one recommend another browser before I go completely ga ga.  Thank you for any help.  Cheesy
10 REPLIES 10
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Browsers

My choice would be google chrome.
There is a discussion about browsers over at chit chat Smiley
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104898.0.html
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

I moved to Firefox a few years ago having read much on this forums about it.
Over the last year or so I have noticed that it appears to eat up memory and frequently get messages that it's memory usage is high. Often I use 'End Process Tree' from the Task manager and restart it.
I do have Chrome installed and use it occasionally but haven't moved fully as I am now so used to FF.
I do note that Chrome does seems faster in loading pages.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Internet explorer?

I use Firefox and that seems to be the most popular on here
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Double post removed and responses merged
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Another vote for Chrome here. I was using firefox and very much liking all the extensions but Chrome is soooo much faster and also has a wide range of extensions available, I've been able to find equivalents for everything I was using on firefox with the exception of Fuzzy Time (bit of a shame as I like that a lot).
Still have Opera and firefox installed and will use them occasionally but for everyday use Chrome wins hands down. Particularly enjoyed finding the other day that if you go to a foreign language website in Chrome it'll offer to translate as soon as it's loaded Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Firefox  Cool  best one for me
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I prefer Chrome.  But I suspect Kitkat's problem with Internet Explorer is that it has picked-up some undesirable add-on.  There is an option (usually under Accessories - System Tools) to run Internet Explorer without add-ons.  If you are having problems with IE it's always worth seeing if running without add-ons makes the problems go away. 
Heloman
Grafter

I was a Firefox devotee for about 10 years and found it unquestionably the best for me.
But with recent updates it has become slower and slower and slower.
I installed Chrome a couple of months ago, and it took a while to get used to it. But now I wouldn't use anything else.
As with Matt , it has all the extensions I need and it loads web pages in a fraction of the time it  takes with FF.
One site  reports that Chrome has now overtaken both IE and FF to become No1
.http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/343501/20120521/google-chrome-world-1-web-browser.htm
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Is Kitkat a Windows XP User?  IE9 does not run on XP
  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_other/ie9-for-xp-why-doesnt-internet-explore...
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kitkat
Grafter

Re browsers. I have vista . I will give Ghrome a go and if it doesn't work for me, then I will try the others until I get one that will suite. Thanks again for all you help.
Smiley