Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsers timing out / problems loading images

caryn
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Browsers timing out / problems loading images

For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been getting intermittent time out errors loading web pages, not any page in particular and sometimes the same page will load instantly if I hit refresh. Also have been having problems with images not loading altogether, or only some images on a page showing and grey boxes where the others should be. I prefer to use Chrome, but this is also the case with IE or Firefox.
BT Speedtester shows my speed to normally be sat around the 31meg mark, although bizarrely yesterday evening, it twice returned a download speed of 0. Not sure what that was about as the test progressed at more or less the same speed as it normally does and when I repeated it a third time, it showed 31meg again. We've not noticed any buffering whilst streaming TV and files download at a decent speed.
I've been running Windows 7, so this weekend decided to upgrade to 10, hoping it might resolve things. It went through seamlessly, but has made no difference whatsoever to the timeouts. Edge has the same issues. I have a 64bit system.
My graphic drivers are up to date.
I'm certain I have no malware on the pc, I'm very careful with everything I do on the internet. I run Norton Internet Security with auto live update on.
We're not using wireless for the computer, only streaming TV.
Task manager shows nothing else running that shouldn't be when it's misbehaving.
I've done a disk clean up, all the internet files etc deleted. Have restarted the router.
Before this issue started, I've had no problems like this at all. No idea what else to try, can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Browsers timing out / problems loading images

This thread may be the answer http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148555.0.html especially if the router you use is the Technicolor as supplied by Plusnet
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
caryn
Rising Star

Thanks SpendLess, it certainly sounds like it doesn't it.
caryn
Rising Star

Just to update, everything is now sorted. The issue in the thread Spendless linked was the problem, Plusnet have applied a fix and all back to normal.
Thanks for the help Smiley