cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brother multifunction machine and XP

newinvention
Grafter

Brother multifunction machine and XP

I wonder if there are any technical bods out there who can help? I had my PC upgraded last week - new motherboard, more processing power so it will be able to cope with the new Adobe Creative Suite.
Anyway having brought it home, I realise there are some strange glitches now with programs that used to run OK.
Main one is the PC's communication with my Brother MFC9160 multifunction machine (mono laser, no fax). Basically it doesn't any more. I could print (after much closing of error messages), but the scanning capabilities seem to have gone AWOL. I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling plus drivers from Brother site, but have gotten into a pickle. Now it won't print either  Huh Huh
The installation CD I have is pre XP, so I guess that doesn't help. When you download the driver from the link below -  is that downloading the program as well?
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/eu/gb/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&p...
As you can see I'm very confused and befuddled and I can't print. Please can anyone help?
When the PC guys did this work, I think they said they did a repair and install(?) ... anyway what part of the work they did would have knocked out my ability to print and scan?
Thanks anyone.
2 REPLIES 2
samuria
Grafter

Re: Brother multifunction machine and XP

from
LINK
you need at least the first file which should have everything but first you may need to download and run
LINK
which removes any old drivers.
I wouldnt go back to that shop again
newinvention
Grafter

Re: Brother multifunction machine and XP

.. thanks guys. Managed to speak to a very helpful guy at Brother who went thro' the whole procedure with me. The problem with the install that I did was Zone Alarm which has to be disabled since it interferes with the installation so I'm told. Anyways, we're up and running again now! Thanks for your words.