Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brother MFC-J5320DW printer

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Brother MFC-J5320DW printer

I have purchased one of the printers in the title and having problems setting up the wifi.
First day I had it printing from my Hudl and SWMBO's IPad. But since it has lost its wifi key settings. Now when I type in the Wifi key I get a printout giving the setting details but then when I try to use it the key has disappeared.
USB from the local desktop working with no problems (apart from not being able to set it up as the default?)
Why did it work on the first day and what can I do to set my printer up for wifi?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
1 REPLY 1
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Brother MFC-J5320DW printer

can you plug it into your router directly via the usb or lan port ?
lan port would be easier if you can run the Ethernet cable in terms of the setup, just manually assign it an IP in the printer setup (assuming you have standard router setup with ip's issued from 192.168.1.100 >192.168.1.253 then pick something from 192.168.1.170>192.168.1.180 (again assuming you don't already have all of them filled)
your printer will be able to enter sleep when nothing is sending it a print job, your devices will al be able to see it on the network and send to it  (unless you did something non standard in the wifi setup) and your pc(s) will also be able to see it.
it might also help to know what router you have and the number of devices on your network at any one time (setop boxes /pc's /TV's/tablets/phones/nas units etc) the problem might be the wifi setup on the printer but it might also be something else interfering with it/
i'm not an expert and hate using wifi for fixed devices/
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you