Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Broadband

According to the BT website the telephone exchange covering this area is being upgraded for faster broadband and a number of little green boxes (BT) have appeared in various areas linked to this particular exchange, however everything seems to have gone quiet over the last week so the question is this, when an exchange is upgraded does this mean that everybody using that exchange will be automatically upgraded or do they just do the areas with the greatest density of population.
If no one knows the answer then is there any way to contact BT for an answer (ie Is there a specific department  in BT that deals with this )
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Broadband

When you say faster broadband do you mean ADSL2+ or Fibre?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
James
Grafter

Hi,
If you're referring to Fibre, the exchanges aren't being upgraded in order of population density.
However, if an exchange is enable for Fibre then you would still need to wait for your local cabinet to be upgraded aswell.  There wouldn't be someone at BT that you would be able to contact I'm afraid, but we would be able to give you any information about this that we have.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

My nearest Exchange is Broughton (Preston in Lancashire)
Over and above the information available on the BT website do you have any additional information to that.
PN did send me an e-mail regarding possible disruption to my connection re upgrading during the next 5 weeks but that e-mail was more than 5 weeks ago.
None of this is a problem, just curious.
We are born into history and history is born into us.