cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone Performance

Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Broadband Phone Performance

I can imagine you all must get frustrated.
As we keep hinting, we think we've hit on a very good answer to our Voip woes. It's not coming as quickly as we would like, but it is coming and as soon as the eyes are dotted and the teas are crossed we will share the plan.
I for one am quite excited about our approach to this now - I'm just sorry that we are making people throw phone handsets about in the mean time.
Ian
pcoventry76
Grafter

Morning Ian,
Will this new plan your talking about actually help me to login to the BB phone service? i'm getting error 479 We don't accept priv - that's all i can see and i do not know of a way to expand the x-lite software to see more of the message, is there a way?
i've done everything to the letter. To be honest it is a service addition and therefore can  be excused for the odd hickup, afterall this is human invented technology - it's not going to be perfect by a long shot
But just occasional use would be nice.
Pete
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Many thanks Ian007jen.  I suspected I wasn't the only one still both struggling with and dumfounded by the release of such a poor product.
....and thanks for your response Ian W.  I refuse to allow even the smallest amount of enthusiasm, certainly not excitement, however, I continue to live in hope!
Regards....
glloyd
Rising Star

Can't dial out again this morning. Maybe some day it will work for more than five minutes.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@pcoventry76
that's all i can see and i do not know of a way to expand the x-lite software to see more of the message, is there a way?

Do you have the error logging enabled?
If not then with X-Lite open right click in the phone display window and select ‘Options’
In the options window look at the bottom left and you will see a button [Advanced], click this to slide up the menu underneath.
Click the ‘Diagnostics’ icon and from this page you can turn on the logging features.
I used this to find an error problem I was having, it just turned out I had changed my password and forgot to tell X-Lite.
Hope this will help, regards, P.
fotobits
Rising Star

Many thanks Pendragon, however, I don't use X-Lite software I use an ATA to connect four home 'phones to the Broadband 'phone connection.
For periods it has worked well, best early this year.  Since then my only change has been changing from Anytime to BBYW-2 with an accompanying drop in download speed of about 1,000kbps, however, I don't think that'll be a contributer.
Regards and thanks.....
bigwave

I'm trying to set up my voip and 90+% of my incoming calls don't get through, they all go to the Plus.net voicemail.
outgoing calls have all worked fine (so far).
fotobits
Rising Star

Bigwave, I think that time spent on the present Broadband 'phone product is largely wasted, best to wait until a new, hopefully quality program takes it's place.
Regards....
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes I am waiting for the day when my VOIP phone can work the same as my POTS with 100% reliability.
Ian
pcoventry76
Grafter

Mine has started working as of this afternoon i think my old router was the problem
fotobits
Rising Star

pcoventry76, you're not using your ordinary household telephones connected through an adapter to your router are you?
You're using a connection through your PC with X-Lite s/w aren't you?
Regards
pcoventry76
Grafter

I have my modem going into the master socket and thats it - i don't have any landline phones in use just ADSL
yes i am using x-lite.
it stopped when i changed router - it was the NAT firewall that was causing the problem and i couldn't take it down on the belkin i had
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Is there anyone out there who has got PlusTalk working currently on a router with dedicated VOIP ports i.e the router has a SIP ALG onboard and doesnt go through a proxy. My 2700HGV  used to work on PlusTAlk until the beginning on this month then stopped registering. The router works fine with sipgate and I can register on PlusTalk with a softphone ( SjPhone) but cant get my router to register directly.
Anyone any clues as to what might be the problem ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pcoventry76
Grafter

another way ive got past the problem is to just use a VPN like relakks when using c-lite software it detects new network and connect fine even with my router which has the unturnoffable NAT firewall