cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Order Tracker Stuck on "Activating your line"

arwelrob

Broadband Order Tracker Stuck on "Activating your line"

I'm having the same issue as this member posted last year http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=142120.0
where i have placed an order on 5.3.16, the phone line has been activated today (21.3.16) as planned but my broadband has been disconnected by my previous provider (BT) and my plusnet broadband order tracker is still showing as..
"Activating your line - Broadband orders typically take a week to complete."
It's been over two weeks since I placed my order, does anyone know how long it can be before the line is activated? I'm getting worried as the router hasn't been shipped out yet and I'll be without connection at home for the foreseeable.
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Broadband Order Tracker Stuck on "Activating your line"

Hi arwelrob, welcome to the forums!
I've checked your account and unfortunately there are currently incompatible products showing on your line which are preventing us from activating, or even placing your broadband order Sad
I'm going to get this raised with our suppliers to rectify the problem, or at least give us more info on what the incompatible products are and we'll provide an update via a ticket on your account as soon as possible.
Apologies for any inconvenience, thank you for your patience with this matter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
arwelrob

Thanks for the quick reply HarryB. I'll await your update with bated breath! Grin
arwelrob

Not sure if this is relevant but there is also a fault on the phone-line since we moved over to plusnet on the 21.3.16. When we dial out and the other side answers somehow another caller (a local lady with a similar phone number) is brought in to the conversation too! Luckily the problem manifested when I was reporting the issue to plusnet support and the technician immediately suspected it was a crossed line that has happened during the transfer. A line check found a fault at the exchange and BT have been asked to correct it. Could this be the reason that there is a incompatible product showing on the line?
arwelrob

Just had confirmation to say that the crossed line has been corrected and was the reason for the broadband order being delayed. Broadband service should be working by the time I get home.
Thanks all for your help!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've double checked your account for you and it does look like the line is now showing our broadband connection and the order has completed Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet