Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bother - I did it again

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bother - I did it again

downloaded Java update but forgot to untick install Yahoo toolbar - fortunately Kaspersky suggested I block the registry change which I did
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Bother - I did it again

fings get like that as we grow older
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

why does everything try and install that bit of junk?
Acrobat, ccleaner and ultraedit all try to as well, do they get money off yahoo?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yeah, can't remember what software I recently tried to install, but had the same with the Google one.
I don't think it's so much the toolbar, but I noticed they also change the usual 'page cannot be found' with one with suggested links from them.
All to be 'helpful' of course, nothing to do with increasing traffic via their site or anything crazy like that Roll_eyes
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I downloaded Java update this morning on my laptop and thought I might have done the same thing.  I didn't see any question about the Yahoo toolbar and having just checked the laptop it hasn't been installed.  Previously I've said 'no' to Yahoo toolbar so I wonder if it's remembered my instructions Wink
scootie
Grafter

not bein fooled yet. like a hawk looking for the tick box's when installing somthing.
the one that i hate at mo is the google updater. installed the new version of google earth and got that junk dumped on me. had to block it on my firewall as i couldnt see an easy way to get rid.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what is the google updater, I disabled it on the Firewall and it kept on complaining, can I just get rid of it?
samuria
Grafter

Google updater is like a virus remove it from startup and it will be back in no time at all its to update the tool bar or so they say but its aggressive in running
scootie
Grafter

Correction google updater is easy to blast back to another universe.
I forgot to check which folder it was in before i unistalled but all i did was search for google on c drive and unistall google updater is hiding in one of the folders that comes up.
Not 100% but sure it was in programs.
also surrpised that it didnt uninstall google earth with it. Thought google would of made sure you had to keep it on your system