Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks Tool bar on Firefox/google search

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Bookmarks Tool bar on Firefox/google search

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the Bookmarks Toolbar on Firefox/Google search page?
If so, please elucidate, how to get rid....
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Bookmarks Tool bar on Firefox/google search

right click on it on the top File - Edit View bar and remove the tick
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hey that's pretty neat, Got almost an extra half inch on my screen now. Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks Pierre, .... been annoying me for a long time....... as SteveM says.... got more screen for ME, now ! ! .. Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and next time I do a silly Guessing thing, dont be sanguine and answer correctly straight away, no wonder there isnt any one on Chit Chat
shutter
Community Veteran

There was a time window of 2 hours and 24 minutes before I posted my response..... I did so, as nobody else  1... knew the answer...... 2..... seemed to be interested enough to have a guess....
and it`s not MY fault that chit chat is so quiet..... so don`t blame me....... Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

3. Knew the answer was correct so didn't want to steal Pierre's thunder  Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

much more interesting than crop circles as well
Santiago
Grafter

Bookmarks tool bar is quite good. I use it for my most used RSS feeds. I am using Chrome on my work laptop and it doesn't have the same feature and I really miss it.
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Well, my Firefox bookmarks toolbar has a little "x" top right to switch it off if required. To get it back: "View/Toolbars"
Personally I prefer it there all the time, but I'm funny that way....
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
palexgood

Quote from: Petlew
Well, my Firefox bookmarks toolbar has a little "x" top right to switch it off if required. To get it back: "View/Toolbars"

One of the reasons I use Firefox is the All-in-One Sidebar add on.  Once installed you never see your sidebar until you move the mouse pointer very close to the left or right edge of the screen.  Its very sophisticated with an excellent choice of options. You can switch it to show not only bookmarks but history, downloads and add ons.  I was so impressed with it that I even donated £10!  When Chrome was being developed I tried to suggest they include a similar feature but, unfortunately they didn't bother.  I've tried to find a similar add on for Chrome without success.  This is the link to the Firefox All in One add on.  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1027/