Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boo Hoo! can`t get rid of Yahoo!

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Boo Hoo! can`t get rid of Yahoo!

O.K. this is really simple..... Or so I thought...
I have managed to get a Yahoo toolbar on my browser  (firefox)  which I do not want.... I have just renewed my copy of CCleaner, and it has appeared.....
I don`t want it.... I have been to settings>Control Panel  and Remove programs.  It has been removed from the list, but still appears on my browser.... I have shut down and re-started the laptop.... still there.  It does not appear with IE7. 
I looked for an "uninstall" for Firefox on the control panel, but can`t see it listed, so cannot remove firefox either.... (with intention of re-installing it) (presumably if I just re-install, it will continue with the Yahoo as a standard part...)
Any offers? ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Boo Hoo! can`t get rid of Yahoo!

Are you referring to the AVG Security toolbar that uses Yahoo!, which gets installed on your default browser as part of AVG 8.0 installation? If so, you may have 2 options.
1. Uninstall AVG 8.0 and re-install without the toolbar add-on.
2. Uncheck the toolbar in Firefox (I have no experience of Firefox so I can't advise on how to do this, but in IE7 you can uncheck the toolbar under the View>Toolbars menu.
If this works, it will probably be the first time that I have helped anyone on these forums, starting to payback for all the help and advice I have received. Smiley
My other car isn't a Ferrari
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hey! Maranello !..... Go to the top of the class ! pity the * are not big enough but you get 5 of them *****
The view > toolbars > uncheck Yahoo    did the trick....
See! I new it was easy!  just could not remember how to do it the easy way , so had to do it the hard way first !
Thanks  Smiley Wink Smiley

ps No, it wasn`t the AVG 8.0 version, cos I saw the box that needed unchecking when I installed it.!
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Glad to be able to help.
Sometimes it takes a simpleton to come up with a simple solution to a problem.
My other car isn't a Ferrari