Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Bluetooth

Am I right in assuming that all bluetooth adapters other than those connected to those phono sockets at the back of our televisions are going to knock off the sound for other viewers?

Have just paired up my bluetooth headphones with an Amazon Fire TV Stick and they work perfectly - but only for the single viewer!  

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
3 REPLIES 3
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Bluetooth

Most Bluetooth sending devices so be to one receiver and shuts others off, bit like plug 3.5mm headphones into tv it turns speakers off.

You can get Bluetooth splitters that can have multiple headphones connected if that is what you are trying too do?
Minivanman
Legend

Not about multiple use, it's about using headphones without shutting off the sound for other listeners. My existing headphones use an infra red transmitter and are plugged into those 3.5mm sockets and the sound is not cut off for others. 

Thanks for your reply Smiley

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Minivanman
Legend

I have now fitted a TaoTronics TT-BA07 Bluetooth 4.1 via a jack plug into my TV phono outputs and it works a treat with no sound being cut off for a viewer without headphones - which would be the Mrs!

Only bug is, if you power the device off it needs to be 're-paired' with the headset which seems a bit odd. I could of course just leave it plugged in and powered up all and flashing away all the time which I have done but as said, just seems a bit odd.... unless I am missing something. Crazy2

Herman Melville