Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issues

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Bluetooth issues

I have discovered a puzzling issue. We noticed a day or so back that wireless in the conservatory was at time almost unusable. We did think that It was due to poor wireless throughput on the hub 1 router, which is at the front of the house. Yesterday noticed that it seemed to coincide with my wife listening to music through her Bluetooth speaker connected to her mp3 player. Her mp3 player is actually a repurposed Android phone with no sim card, connected via wireless 2.4ghz to the router and Bluetooth to the speaker. Speaker is a wonder boom device. My wife's phone also operates on the 2.4ghz wireless. We have noticed that once the Bluetooth connection is switched off connectivity returns normally. Anyone any ideas how to solve this, or is it something we have to live with.....

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Bluetooth issues

@penfold 

I have seen a similar problem caused by a wireless IP phone blocking WiFi presumably because it was using the same channel. This is not visible with a WiFi analyser app, you need a proper spectrum analyser.

You could try changing the router channel or swapping affected devices to the 5GHz band, assuming of course that you have the bands separated.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Bluetooth issues

Thanks, will have a look. Major issue with the 5ghz is the fact the signal is so weak in the conservatory, so most devices switch to the 2.5ghz..... Will do some experiments......