Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocklists used by Plusnet

gabrielgi
Dabbler

Blocklists used by Plusnet

Hi,

Can anybody list here the blocklists where Plusnet reports its IP's/policies (e.g., spamhaus.org)?

Basically, I have a static IP and I run a private SMTP server - I started having issues with sending emails to gmail today and they are advising to use a relay from my ISP (I'll save you from a lecture of why this breaks the internet).

Before you ask, I don't want to use any relays or other SMTP servers to send email out because it's harder to troubleshoot problems and privacy is significantly reduced. I appreciate that there are mechanisms to reduce spam, but equally it would be useful if users could get a heads up to unblock their IP in all the relevant places (the internet is big).

Thanks!

Gabriel

2 REPLIES 2
neidait

Re: Blocklists used by Plusnet

I'm suffering too.

'some' outgoing e-mail is being blocked by Spamhaus and I'veve been informed by our mail screening provider that Plusnet have had all IP's not using their servers added to Spamhaus blacklist!

gabrielgi
Dabbler

Re: Blocklists used by Plusnet

FWIW, I went to spamhaus.org, unblocked my IP, waited a little bit (~1 hour) and I could send emails to gmail. This assumes that your IP address is static, that your SMTP server is working properly and that you have the right spf tags in your DNS entries, which is fair enough. I also complained to google for being so obscure at letting you know what blocklists they use, <cynical>I'm sure they will action on that</cynical>.