cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Spam

peterbarker
Grafter

Blocked Spam

I changed my details on another discussion website.  The site then sent me an automatic email.  I needed to respond to confirm my changed details.  I have never received such an email.  I eventually managed to get a reply from the webmaster / moderator on this website, who seemed to think that my ISP / plusnet must have blocked the automatic email as spam.  I wonder if there is any way that I could trace a possibly blocked email on plusnet?  Or is it unlikely that such an email would have been blocked and the fault is more likely to be with the website?
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Blocked Spam

Have you looked in your spam folder (via webmail or using IMAP - NOT the spam folder within your mail client)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
peterbarker
Grafter

Thanks for message. I have gone into webmail, but there is nothing in my Trash folder.  Presumably that is the one you mean, or is something else?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

No!
http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/index.shtml?supporta=spam
Take the link Setting Up Your Webmail 'Spam' Folder
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
peterbarker
Grafter

Smiley Thanks for that.  I followed the instructions and got into the spam folder. Found 4 messages, all of them from bone-fide sources.  One is a person I had thought had stopped sending to me, so pleased that they are still in touch.  Unfortunately nothing from the website I was interested in but maybe best if I set it up as an allowed address!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

do you know if you are on IronPort or Postini? and are the files in your spam folder old one.  I currently have a gripe the under iron port they get booted and not saved as spam.
see http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/11/30/ironport-anti-spam-migration-faq/  how to find out