Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bing

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Bing

OK, Who's had a look at Micro$oft's new Bing (But It's Not Google) search engine?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
5 REPLIES 5
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Bing

I have. The thing Microsoft don't seem to realise is that no matter how you dress a search facility up, if it doesn't have good search coverage then people (well, I at least) won't use it. For example, one search term I used provided 4 results from Bling - and 46 from Google... with some of those 46 being from sites as big as Twitter and Facebook. No contest.
scootie
Grafter

the results looks nicer on the eye to some degree.
and the extra info and links when you hover over the right side of link can cut a page out if the link you need is there
i only searched plusnet and the same 10 results came back on both google and bing
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Guess it's early days but I'm not impressed.  Seems mainly advertised sites for the searches I did.  They have a long way to go to worry Google.
I've also had a look at the new Wolframalpha.com engine and can't say I am impressed at all.  Anybody else seen this?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Not impressed here either TBH, results were patchy at best - seems to be some tweaking from live.com, but not much.
Still a long way to go...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

yeah Wolframalpha isnt your normal search engine tho form what i've seen about it.  havent tried as of yet tho