cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger [CENSORED] Emails

Finknottle

Bigger [CENSORED] Emails

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before,but can anybody tell me how to block the 50 or so daily emails I get offering to make my old man bigger and better.
I've tried blocking the sender(s) through Outlook Express but it doesn't seem to work.Is there nothing PlusNet can do?Or is there a program that I can buy that will enable me to block such [Censored]?
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ): As this is a family orientated forum please avoid quoting from SPAM where this might offend]
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Bigger Penis Emails

An email contains 3 basic email addresses:-
The "from-address" which is shown in your email client
The "to-address" which is your address
The "reply-to address" which is where any reply will be sent to.
Spammers always fake the "from-address" - which needn't  even exist. They also fake the subject and both of these are changed extremely frequently.
Have you turned the PlusNet spam blocker on?
It's quite good at blocking email.
Use several email addresses e.g. one for personal, private stuff, another for friends and yet another that you divulge publicly.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jazz
Grafter

Re: Bigger Penis Emails

You could check on your PlusNet Member Centre  "Manage My Mail" that you have email spam filter switched to "On".  You may prefer to do the filtering yourself.  Personally I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email and find that it soon learns what is SPAM and filters it out effectively.
Finknottle

Re: Bigger [CENSORED] Emails

I apologise if my posting offended anyone-that wasn't my intention.
Many thanks for your suggestions-I have the PlusNet spam filter set to 'On',but it seems ineffective as I've been plagued by this trash for about 6 weeks now.
I'll give the Mozilla Thunderbird a try.
I'm grateful for your suggestions-once again ,many thanks
liam1412
Grafter

Re: Bigger [CENSORED] Emails

Also in the manage my mail area make sure that the catch all is turned off. Also changing your alias from the default one you are given seems to help quite a lot.
If none of this works then postini is beginning to roll out over the next couple of months which, from pre trials I have heard has been a massive improvement