cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Of The Web Browser's(poll)

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Battle Of The Web Browser's(poll)

Chrome, as it has the best footprint and performance on my Eee.
B.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: artmo
Adiewoo, when is FF 3.7 available?  I'm currently on 3.5.7.

3.6 is at Beta 5, probably out in a couple of months, 3.7 is at the nightly build alpha stage and likely to be back end of the year I would have thought.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jazz
Grafter

I like Firefox (though looking forward to v3.6 which should speed it up a bit).  I also use Opera quite a bit.  Smiley
mal0z
Grafter

Rather interesting and somewhat surprising results so far.
Much higher percentage for FF than I might have expected.
But pleasing nevertheless.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

32 voters including myself already,and firefox is in the lead,which in all honestly does not surprise me,but theres still ages to go before we have a clear winner so to anyone who has not voted yet,come on,support your browser as it supports you!! Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
barky
Grafter

firefox does all I want right now so is the browser I use the most ... running the latest beta alongside the stable full release I do notice the speed improvements.
Having been a user of netscape (which spawned firefox) since it started in 1994 it's probably where i'll remain too.
Have tried the others & next best seems to be Opera.
Not a fan of the stripped out look of chrome ... lack of a top left dropdown menu bar a big minus for me making it tiresome to use -- some will say it makes the browser seem 'prettier' but  it's not for me
David_W
Rising Star

I went for Chrome, although I was tempted to go with IE.  I don't use extensions for Chrome, Kaspersky and my router nukes all adverts by default so no matter which I use (IE or Chrome) I'm not lumbered with adverts, though one site I visit regularly is an amazing mess of adverts without Kaspersky.  Chrome does everything I need a browser to do, it browses the internet, it does have an annoying bug where it'll sometimes corrupt a download.  IE also suits all my needs, but the javascript performance on Chrome is the best out there currently.
Firefox is a browser I'll never use, even on Linux I'd always install Opera and now Chrome even if Chrome needs a bit of fiddling to get Flash working.  Speaking of flash, Chrome has issues with Crunchyroll so I have to boot up IE for that, but I'm one of the people that enjoy using IE so its no big deal, I just miss the most visited feature of Chrome when I boot up IE, maybe a custom start page would work....
simmo821

Hey, being a software engineer I use allots off programmes at work and at home but at home I use Chrome which is built on the webkit layout engine which was originally created to be used for Safari! But hey hooo! I’ve used Chrome since its early releases and been beta testing it for awhile! It’s come on leaps and bounces it used to cause me problems like memory dumps, high CPU usage crashes etc etc..! But it’s running fine now and it’s started to grow on me! And mark my words it will be widely used like Firefox and i'm sure it will populate more users that Firefox and IE. The fact is it’s branded by Google, and what search engine do people use Google. Google will one day be on top off the Software market in all ways possible!
grimme
Grafter

For Windows PC's I voted Other as current browsers used include SRWare Iron  http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php ;
(It's based on Chrome)
Sometimes for more IE compatability I use Avant Browser http://www.avantbrowser.com/
Also I have previously downloaded version 2.1of  DIP Secure Browser and use this also, but cannot find it on the DIP Consultants web site any longer.
For Linux use it's mainly FF and Konqueror.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Only couple hrs to go and this poll will close
And the winner is...firefox followed by a draw between internet explorer and opera,third place goes too google chrome,thanks to everyone that took part  Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I tried Chrome in the early days ant it seemed a bit 'flaky' to me, soundls like it's time to try it again.
For my work intranet I'm forced to use IE7, the pages are constructed such that it is virtually unusable in IE6, IE8, FF, Chrome, Opera.  Vista laptop only has IE8 and compatibility mode is not compatible with this particular 'site'.
I haven't voted because my 'real' preference is 'Anything But IE' (largeley due to the apparent incompatibility between versions).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

walker23-That sounds like the dogs@#{]?.<),pardon the expression,next time ill be sure too add that to the vote 'ANYTHING BUT IE'.
Know what you mean though and that must be really frustrating!!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you can live without flash etc. then Links (with graphical extension) is absolutely fantastic, probably several times faster than just about anything else (no flash, no bookmarks just lightning fast even n the oldest hardware.  This will run as text only in a basic console, I've only really used this in Gentoo.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mal0z
Grafter

I wish we could live without Flash - in 90% of cases it is just too overbearing and superfluous.
Maybe flash video is ok, but I do wish the international broadcasters would develop an open video standard that they would then use.
Rincewind
Dabbler

Firefox for me!
I nearly ran out of patience with it's stability problems of the last few months, (had to use IE8...doh!) but all good since the last update Smiley