cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Image Processing

Mav
Fixes: 515

Batch Image Processing

Hope this is the correct forum for this question...
I used to use BIMP Lite 1.62 but, for some reason, it no longer runs. A re-install hasn't solved the issue.
Does anyone know of ant other 'free' software that can change batches of PNG, BMP, etc. to JPG files? The reason for the 'free' is that I only need it occasionally for the odd batch of 5 or 6 files at a time.
Thanks

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

7 REPLIES 7
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Re: Batch Image Processing

IrfanView can do this ...but as I've never used this facility I can't vouch for it.
Cliff
Mav

Thanks for that.
Have DL'ed it. A quick check and it appears to do what I want and, possibly, better than BIMP Lite Smiley
Thanks

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I must admit I use Irfanview to read comics, and have used the batch resize a few times. I've not converted, but if it's anything like the batch resize process, it's superb.
StickyMick
Grafter

Irfanview is my choice for image resizing. Gives pretty good results with very little loss of quality.
Mav

I seem to be having a problem with IrfanView in that after every batch process the Batch Conversion window closes and next time I have to reset the directory folder.
I have read the help file and looked in Options but can't find a way of keeping it open.
Also, is there a way of selecting several files from different folders but having the converted files go into the respective original folders? Currently I just deal with one folder at a time.
Thanks

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I just use XP Image Resizer, its in the powertools section.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx
If you have Vista, who knows!
barky
Grafter

XnView will do it for you