cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup software

atbs1
Grafter

Backup software

We are re-evaluating our backup software (Handybackup 6) as it works well but sometimes the incremental backup process seems more like a full backup. So can anyone recommend anoth software package please? These are our general specifications: 2 networked pc's both running Windows 7. Each has a USB portable disk drive attached to it that is taken off-site every other day. Our backups are not, currently, encrypted as the extrnal drives are password locked. The backups are run atomatically on a daily incremental basis.
I have tried a few packages out: Backup4All, SyncbackproV7, Backup+, but they are not "up to the task" in that they are lacking in ease of use, clarity or restorations.
5 REPLIES 5
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Backup software

I use Acronis. This can also include Cloud backup too.
NedLudd
Grafter

I've used Norton Ghost for donkies years now. I run daily incrementals for a month and then restart at each new month.
It's saved my bacon once or twice!  Wink
Geoff,
York.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I'm currently trying Macrium Reflect (on Win7), it seems quite good, but we don't have a long experience yet.  Which ever you chose remember to test and practise recovery from your backup media. Finding it does not work properly after a major disk failure can be tiresome.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
markfrompompey
Grafter

I have been using Duplicati for a couple of years on two windows 7 PC's.
It's highly configurable and easy to use through it's wizard.
I think the default is daily incremental backups and monthly full backups. But you can configure it to do what you like.
http://www.duplicati.com/
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Macrium Reflect (Free Edition) saved my life after a Windows Update trashed my PC's master boot record - very quick operation to restore the partition as well. Seriously thinking of getting the full version, which includes selective file restore etc.