cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Hard Drive - advice please - Resolved Going Internal for more flexibility

picbits
Rising Star

Re: Backup Hard Drive - advice please - Resolved Going Internal for more flexibility

I'm not surprised in the slightest - I also wouldn't be surprised if half the mistakes on warranty lengths aren't actually mistakes ........
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Backup Hard Drive - advice please - Resolved Going Internal for more flexibility

New drive arrived this morning and the old one taken away - DPD are really good - installed and working fine (about third full)
Interesting discovery - I was trying to see what I could shift over and checked the Windows 7 boot drive. Under Users there was 27.6GB used so I did a lot of digging and found that it was a load of temporary files which hadn't been removed when products were installed (now have 45GB free out of 100GB)
Other than doing a regular clean I wonder if there is any way of stopping it building up a mass of rubbish
picbits
Rising Star

If you click on Start and type %temp% in the box then you'll get to the current users temp files.
Other temp files are often stored in c:\window\temp
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Linux puts its temporary files in /tmp
/tmp will be cleared on the next boot.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

That depends .... Wink
I prefer a CRON job - dispenses with the reboot Cheesy
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.