cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Babylon Uninstall

valart
Grafter

Babylon Uninstall

I downloaded Firefox on my laptop the other day and it and it came with the search engine Babylon I tried the control site and I uninstalled it but it still shows up, I know I can go to options and change my search engine but I would like to get shot of Babylon from my laptop.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Babylon Uninstall

Where did you download it from as I have never seen that before
http://www.jeromeesperanza.com/web-development/web-developer-blog-articles/40-web-resources/84-solve... but if you aren't happy editing the registry I wouldn't do it that way
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I have had similar experiences... it is usually an additional bit that you should remove the tick marks from , when doing the install, instead of just clicking on Next, Next, Next Next....
I uninstalled it by using "Absolute uninstaller"... then doing a Reg Clean with CCleaner, and re-booting... then checking in the "Program Folder" under C:/ drive to make sure that there were no references to Babylon...
I have had it from CNET and other software download sites... you just have to read all the little pages on the installs ....
harps1h
Grafter

have you checked the add-on under the tools tab? you may find it listed there, then you can either disable it or delete it