cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport

WILT
Grafter

BT sport

I would like to watch The MotoGp race from America on the 13th April using On demand or some such.Is this possible ,I seem to be asked for a BT password which I dont have cos' my phone and BB is with Plusnet. and don't have  a BT account No or password.
18 REPLIES 18
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: BT sport

At present, we offer BT Sport on the Sky Platform - you'll need a Sky Box and Dish for us to be able to provide.
We do not have an app or on demand service to offer at the moment - if this changes, we'll certainly let you know.
zimbop

You say "at the moment" - are PlusNet actively working on this? There were indications that you were but I've not seen anything since. If you're not actively working on this and any initial hope has fallen through then I'd appreciate some honesty, I'd like know so that I can consider switching to direct payment to BT to get the fuller service. I thought at £7.50/mo it was a bargain, but it's not a bargain given that it's basically only half the service (ie: no online pc/mac and no ipad app).
AndyH
Grafter

I assume they are working on it. They did say when launching BT Sport via Sky that:
Plusnet intends to offer access to the BT Sport online player available via http://www.btsport.com or via the BT Sport App in 2014. In addition to offering BT Sport content, Plusnet is looking to launch YouView next year with trials set to begin before the end of 2013.

zimbop

Quote from: zimbop
You say "at the moment" - are PlusNet actively working on this? There were indications that you were but I've not seen anything since. If you're not actively working on this and any initial hope has fallen through then I'd appreciate some honesty, I'd like know so that I can consider switching to direct payment to BT to get the fuller service. I thought at £7.50/mo it was a bargain, but it's not a bargain given that it's basically only half the service (ie: no online pc/mac and no ipad app).

Still waiting to hear about this - it's a fair question.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've nothing to report yet with regards to an app. We're currently working through Youview Trials.
We'll be sure to let you know once the app becomes available.
zimbop

I'll ask again as you simply didn't answer my question. I'll rephrase to make it more obvious.
QUESTION: Are active steps being taken toward plusnet customers being able to access BT sport in the BT sport app?
Please try to go beyond "not having anything to report" as that could mean almost anything (including the fact that it's never going to happen) so do us the decency of knowing where we stand.
AndyH
Grafter

They've already stated it's something they intend to offer - so clearly they are taking active steps towards being able to offer it.
zimbop

I hear you Andy but I'd like an official update as the responses are vague. I'm simply seeking some reassurance that this is still on track and hasn't fallen through. Seems like a simple enough question, if it's still actively being pursued then I'd like to know. If it's been dropped I'd like to know. I just don't want it to be "quiety dropped" or "quietly fall through" and meanwhile I'm throwing money into a waiting for something that's never going to happen.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The official update is, that we're actively monitoring our TV Trials and we'll let our customers know once we've got more information on the app side of things.
zimbop

That's the frustrating thing isn't it. You've publicly mentioned access to the app and online viewer by plusnet customers, but asked a straight question, you're not prepared to acknowledge whether it is still "in progress" or has "Fallen through".
AndyH
Grafter

If it had fallen through and they would be unable to offer it, I am pretty sure they would have said.
zimbop

Equally, if it's still very much on the cards, you'd have thought it would very simple for them to acknowledge. Look at the responses - it appears that the official line is that they can't give a straight answer to my question. I only want to know if there's a still a good chance that I'll be watching MotoGP and UFC on an App or online, and if that's not going to be the case then let me know so I can pootle off to BT - how hard can that be?
AndyH
Grafter

But if they say 'it is our intention to offer BT Sport via the app' then you will want to know when etc. I think it's more the case that PN don't won't to promise anything right now.
zimbop

Do you have an objection to me trying to get as much information as possible before deciding whether to switch to getting BT Sport direct from BT Andy? I realise you're keen to re-emphasize your trust in them, but I'm honestly just pressing for some kind of acknowledgement.
Here's why I'm wondering:
- They're perfectly happy to talk about youView trials.
- They won't answer a straight question on BT Sport app
It's not unheard of for companies to quietly drop plans. It once took BT about 2 months of me badgering them to acknowledge that I had a DACS on my line - it wasn't official policy to let customers know, and that policy slowed up getting anything done about it. So I'm unapologetic about pressing this one.