cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT sport

logindukas82
Grafter

BT sport

hi there,just would like to ask,i see that i have option to get bt sport chanels avalaible as PN customer,at the moment i have a sat box but its not sky box,its a HD one,cose i waching forent chanels at the moment,but i have satellite dish instaled from previuos tenants...and i waching FTA chanels right now from sky..if i will sign for this BT sports and ESPN whit PN,they gona send me wieving card,do this card works on my third party box?
9 REPLIES 9
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: BT sport

The viewing card will only work with a Sky box.  Plenty available secondhand and you could feed one from the same dish as your existing receiver if you have a quad LNB.
logindukas82
Grafter

ok,so if i will get sky box HD,then i willput this card in to a reseiver and its should be up and runing?Can someone confirm that?and also if this card works on any of sky box,why its can't work whit my third part box?
pwatson
Rising Star

PN will need to know the serial number of the box in order to pair the card with it correctly.
Sky use a proprietary encryption system that 3rd party receivers cannot decode.
logindukas82
Grafter

ok,if i will buy second hand sky hd box,then PN pair card to this box,then i can put it to my existing one?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure what you mean there? If the card is paired to the second hand box, then it'll only work in the second hand box surely?
logindukas82
Grafter

my question is,if i will buy second hands sky box,then place order for sport chanels,i need to give serial number of the sky box then PN can pair this box whit the sport card right?then after they pair it can i put this card in to my third party sat box?the thing is there is no point for me to have to box'es conected to one tv,and when i want to watch sport chanell conect sky box,and when my familie want to wach different programs conect other box....i preffer to have everithing in one box if this can be done,if this is no possible thats fair enough...simple as that...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: logindukas82
my question is,if i will buy second hands sky box,then place order for sport chanels,i need to give serial number of the sky box then PN can pair this box whit the sport card right?

Yes, that's how it works.
Quote from: logindukas82
then after they pair it can i put this card in to my third party sat box?

Well, I doubt it, unless your third party sat box is the second hand one you buy.
That's what I'm saying - the card is paired to a box, one single box, using that specific box's serial number. Therefore once the card is paired up to one box, it will only work with that particular box.
If the third party box and the second hand box are the same box then it will be fine. If they aren't, then this won't work.
pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: pwatson
Sky use a proprietary encryption system that 3rd party receivers cannot decode.

You have to use a Sky box for BT Sport
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

What is this 'third party' receiver?
Linux boxes using the right softcam/emu will read Sky cards, it still needs to be activated/paired to a Sky box first though, and returned to the Sky box to receive entitlement updates every few weeks.
Worth noting its against Sky T&Cs to do so, and its a game of cat and mouse between Sky and hackers, so don't rely on it.